We are seeking an experienced backend developer responsible for building an API app with Node.js.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop a new application, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the application.
A commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
This job position does not require a standard work schedule — we’re open to freelance as well. As long as you have a strong work ethic and deliver the necessary tasks, you can organise your work as you please.
About the projects
We have 2 projects at the moment where Node.js is our technology of choice when it comes to backend development.
The projects are in the logistics and mobility(ride-sharing) domains, and they will be started from scratch.
YES, you can bring your own technical and architectural decisions :)
The Perfect Candidate
- Knowledge of popular frameworks like Express.js, Nest.js or Next.js
- Previous experience with popular Node.js libraries such as AWS-SDK, express-session, express-jwt, multer
- Previous experience with MongoDB and the very popular Mongoose ORM
- Familiar with the design for RESTful APIs
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience with other backend frameworks and GraphQL is a plus
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Understand complex concepts in solving problems
- Suggest workflow process improvements and sustain self-organised agile teams
- Mentoring other members of the team
- Maintaining active communication with the stakeholders or PO to clarify the requirements
- Empathic, working independent and being able to clarify requirements
- Excellent written and speaking English skills
- Analyzing requirements and designing new functionality.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Keep clear documentation of the database setup and architecture
What We Offer
- Very flexible work time and option to work from home anytime.
- Attractive salary package (including discounts for Sports activities etc.).
- The opportunity to learn from other experienced senior developers, analysts, and consultants.
- Working with international customers and projects.
- Rewards and benefits based on achievements.
- Rewards for recommending new developers and customers.
- Team Building & Christmas Party :)
So, what do you think?
Are you up for the challenge?