Detailed job description
We are seeking an experienced Android developer responsible for building Android applications using Java and/or Kotlin as the main programming language. Your primary responsibility will be to inherit the existing code, design and develop new modules, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the application. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
The Perfect Candidate
- At least 3 years of Android development experience, and a proven track record of published Android apps in the Play Store
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming with Java and Kotlin
- Understanding of Android’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with standard Android frameworks with an accent for Camera APIs
- Experience with Android SDK, NDK and common third-party libraries
- Familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with design patterns, Object-oriented programming, threading/concurrency and unit testing
- Experience with Spring Framework is a plus.
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Understand complex concepts in solving problems
- Suggest workflow process improvements and sustain self-organised agile teams
- Option to mentor other members of the team
- Maintaining active communication with the customer in order to understand the requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A good leader, empathic and working independent
- Able to assume different project roles: Product Manager, Scrum Master, Team Member
- Excellent written and speaking English skills
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and implement SDKs and apps.
- Assist clients in integrating Advance API services using internal SDKs.
- Build demo apps for potential clients, respond to client queries related to internal SDKs
- Participate in design, maintenance of backend services interfacing with mobile SDK.
- Analyzing requirements and designing new functionality.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Deal with diversities and uncertainties, such as devices, versions of Android, screen sizes, multi language etc.
- Ensure the privacy and security of client’s data.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
What We Offer
- Very flexible work time and option to work from home anytime.
- Attractive salary package (including discounts for Sports activities etc).
- The opportunity to learn from experienced senior developers, analysts and consultants.
- Working with international customers and projects.
- Rewards and benefits based on achievements.
- Good coffee and cake at the office :)