We are seeking an experienced backend developer responsible for building a backend application using Golang and GraphQL.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop new modules for our a new project that you will start from scratch.
In addition, you will need to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the applications.
A commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
This job position does not require a standard work schedule — we’re open to freelance as well. As long as you have a strong work ethic and deliver the necessary tasks, you can organise your work as you please.
About the project
Our customer is a startup-based company in Germany, planning to revolutionize the management of warehouses. The solution will be open-source software using technologies like Golang, GraphQL, React, Camunda, and BPMN. The team has a deep knowledge of how warehouses work today, their problems, and their pain points. You’ll be working with DevOps experts and diligent Product Owners (POs) that will clarify requirements, brainstorm, and truly support the development process.
The Perfect Candidate
- Strong proficiency with Golang recent versions (v16+)
- Previous experience building scalable GraphQL APIs
- Proficient in working with SQL and NoSQL database solutions such as CockroachDB, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Previous experience with public APIs such as Auth0, ZITADEL, and SpectaQL.
- Basic DevOps skills - bash, shell, Docker
- Experience with BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation) and Camunda is a big plus. We plan to integrate the backend with Process Orchestrator from Camunda.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Proficient in using code versioning tools such as Git
- Understand complex concepts in solving problems
- Suggest workflow process improvements and sustain self-organized agile teams
- Mentoring other members of the team
- Maintaining active communication with the stakeholders or PO to clarify the requirements
- A good leader, empathic and working independently
- Able to assume different project roles: Scrum Master, Team Member
- Excellent written and speaking English skills
- Analyzing requirements and designing new functionality.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Keep clear documentation of the database setup and architecture.
What We Offer
- Very flexible work time and option to work from home anytime.
- Attractive salary package (including discounts for Sports activities etc.).
- The opportunity to learn from other experienced senior developers, analysts, and consultants.
- Working with international customers and projects.
- Rewards and benefits based on achievements.
- Rewards for recommending new developers and customers.
- Good coffee and cake at the office. :)
So, what do you think?
Are you up for the challenge?