Django Python Developer
We are seeking an experienced backend developer responsible for building and extending our API with Django Rest Framework.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop new modules for our IoT analytics platform.
In addition, you will need to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the applications.
A commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
This job position does not require a standard work schedule — we’re open to freelance as well. As long as you have a strong work ethic and deliver the necessary tasks, you can organise your work as you please.
The Perfect Candidate
- Strong proficiency with Python 3.9+, Django Rest Framework, Pandas and Dash
- Previous experience building scalable REST APIs
- Proficient in working with SQL and NoSQL database solutions such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Previous experience with popular libraries such as rq, gunicorn, mock, pymongo, pytest
- Basic DevOps skills - bash, shell, provisioning solutions like SaltStack
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Large data set ingestion techniques
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Proficient using code versioning tools such as Git
- Understand complex concepts in solving problems
- Suggest workflow process improvements and sustain self-organized agile teams
- Mentoring other members of the team
- Maintaining active communication with the stakeholders or PO to clarify the requirements
- A good leader, empathic and working independently
- Able to assume different project roles: Product Owner, Scrum Master, Team Member
- Excellent written and speaking English skills
- Analyzing requirements and designing new functionality.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Keep clear documentation of the database setup and architecture.
What We Offer
- Very flexible work time and option to work from home anytime.
- Attractive salary package (including discounts for Sports activities etc).
- The opportunity to learn from experienced senior developers, analysts, and consultants.
- Working with international customers and projects.
- Rewards and benefits based on achievements.
- Good coffee and cake at the office :)
So, what do you think?
Are you up for the challenge?