Detailed job description
We are seeking a junior/mid QA tester responsible for writing UI automation tests with Selenium and Python as programming language.
Your primary responsibility will be to implement the automation tests using given test specifications and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the application.
A commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
This job position does not require a standard work schedule — we’re open to freelance as well. As long as you have a strong work ethic and deliver the necessary tasks, you can organise your work as you please.
The Perfect Candidate
- Good programming experience & object-oriented concepts in Python & any standard test framework (like pytest, unit test, etc)
- Experience in Selenium test automation is a must. And if you have worked with other frameworks like Cypress.io or Appium.io that is a plus.
- Good experience & knowledge in testing automation for web applications & related tools/packages.
- Hands-on experience with different tools - Testing tools, Version Control systems (Git, Bitbucket), Test Management Software (our choice is Zephyr for JIRA), Bug Tracking software (JIRA) and CI tools. (Jenkins, Codeship, etc.)
- Experience in working on different layers of testing: unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests and UI tests.
- Nice to have: experience in testing GUI applications in general (independent of the language and platform), testing backend Microservices and REST APIs.
- If you know how to write test specifications, or you have worked before in manual testing that is really appreciated.
- Design, implement and maintain test scripts with good quality in a Python based automated test framework for testing web-based user interface with Selenium.
- Execution of tests in an automated test framework with the CI/CD systems.
- Analyze the failures & identify insights on software quality.
- Write detailed bug reports using the JIRA tracking system, so that developers can easily understand the problem and fix it.
- Build a deeper understanding of product/application with a keen appreciation of Software Quality.
What We Offer
- Very flexible work time and option to work from home anytime.
- Attractive salary package (including discounts for Sports activities etc).
- The opportunity to learn from experienced senior developers, analysts, and consultants.
- Working with international customers and projects.
- Working along our established team of developers that are building a very successful medical application for our customer in Norway. The frontend is written in React.js with TypeScript and recently this app went through a major UI update. We want to ensure the best quality possible so automation tests are essential.
- Rewards and benefits based on achievements.
- Option to be promoted as Python developer, based on your evolution and experience.
- Good coffee and cake at the office :)